General Manager. Software Scale Up. Renewables.
My client is a high growth, scaling software company working in the renewable energy sector. The company has built a dynamic product portfolio that allows their clients to monitor, extract and analyse data from remote assets. This product has proved extremely efficient and effective in the renewable energy domain but is fully adaptable across other sectors. There is huge opportunity for growth and development of the product and the business and they are on the cusp of another growth period.
To facilitate growth and development there is a brand new opportunity for a General Manager to join the organisation. This is a critical role that incorporates a broad range of responsibilities that you would associate with a scale-up tech firm in growth mode. It is a genuinely unique opportunity for someone to help steer the company on its journey, instigating processes, overseeing day to day operations and to put their own unique stamp on the role.
We are looking for an experienced Management professional with experience in the tech sector of working with start-ups and product-based software teams to provide an organisational and strategic framework.
The breadth of responsibility makes this a difficult one to distil into a job ad and this is a ‘cultural fit’ hire as the successful person will be working closely with the product architect and the board in terms of devising and implementing growth strategy. You need to be a self-starter, in tune with the complexities of such a diverse role and be passionate about technology and the tech sector.
Broad overview of the responsibilities of the role as follows:
- A leadership role involving the development and growth of a collaborative and innovative culture
- Responsibility for day-to-day operations covering project management, production, quality control and resource allocation
- Manage a high performing team to execute and deliver the strategic plan
- Work with the CFO in managing the financial health of the business including budgeting, financial forecasting and cost management
- Manage relationships with suppliers, vendors and partners
- Identify and mitigate operational and business risks
- Help develop marketing and commercial strategies to develop brand awareness and attract and convert leads
- Ensure compliance with relevant laws, regulations and standards
This role comes with a double whammy of coolness. The software / renewables sector is high growth, high visibility and hugely desirable as a field to work in. Also this is a rare opportunity to enter a high growth tech company at a senior level and help shape and develop the growth journey.
Hybrid working, competitive salary and benefits package and the chance to make your mark and have a real impact on an innovative and collaborative company.
If you like what you hear and have even a tiny bit of interest then I would love to talk to you. Please get in touch via the link, call me (Paul Wright @ Artemis 028 92790923) or find me on LinkedIN. This opportunity is worth finding out about!