Artemis Human Capital has been retained by a specialist services firm based in Belfast City Centre to recruit an experienced Business Development Manager with a focus on generating business in Northern Ireland and the UK across a variety of verticles. This is an exciting time to join an innovative group of professionals within a company that has gone from strength to strength.
Reporting to the MD, the successful candidate, will be responsible for the overall sales within the business and developing, leading, managing and motivating the Sales team.
The business development manager will be a natural “hunter” with a proven track record of developing new business and leading and developing a team.
Due to their significant success, plus their exciting and aggressive growth strategy, they are building a strong and motivated sales team, to identify and develop opportunities.
- Create adequate plans and strategies to ensure the achievement of company sales targets and profitability, working with the MD to implement the business plan
- Set and develop budgets with the MD and play an active role in developing the sales team.
- Take responsibility for exceeding monthly and annual sales targets and achieving company and personal KPIs
- Create and implement robust, professional, engaging, and market appropriate sales processes to include communication, platforms, marketing and sales collateral, sales techniques and methods, feedback and analysis
- Identify and develop sales opportunities within agreed verticals, and increase sales into new sectors and markets and across departments to diversify and minimise business risk and exposure.
- Responsible for identifying, establishing and developing NEW commercial partnerships across multiple sectors, and increasing recurring revenue across the business.
- Provide compelling, professional proposals that focus on expressed client need and the strategic and operational use of company services to support deal closure
- Responsible for recruiting, supervising, motivating, supporting and monitoring the sales team.
- Consistently monitor performance individually and as a group, to ensure company targets and goals are attained. This will include making sure adequate training and guidance is provided where necessary to enable them to perform at the level required to achieve targets
- Manage CRM activity, revenue recognition and provide regular monthly analysis of the sales pipeline, wins and losses.
- Deliver training, presentations and workshops to customers as part of the core sales process with specific responsibility for the sales process in place for webinar events including attracting attendees and converting sales after the event
- Produce weekly/monthly reports on sales figures, insights and business development progress to the Managing Director in an agreed format.
- Minimum 10 years’ business development experience with evidence of exceptional sales performance, ideally within an IT, digital or professional services environment.
- Experience of creating, developing and implementing sales strategies, sales processes and providing detailed sales analysis and sales planning.
- Experience identifying, developing and managing commercial partnerships
- Highly commercial, analytical, organised and able to work independently or as part of a team when required
- Comfortable and experienced in generating their own leads and closing their own sales.
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent communicator and ability and experience to build, motivate and lead a team
- Experience building relationships, driving and developing sales for a large and diverse client base.
- Strong analytical skills and proven commercial acumen and experience
- Ability to self-motivate, organise and execute strategy.
- Experience of presenting training, events, webinars
- Proficient in the use of MS Office and technology
- Competitive remuneration commensurate with experience – likely to be in the region of £45-£50k plus bonus. OTE £100k
- Excellent working environment
- Spacious, modern offices in Belfast City Centre
For a confidential discussion, please send your CV directly to Senior Consultant, Rachel Coleman at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02892 790920.