We are delighted to be partnered with Galen, part of the Almac Group of companies, to appoint a Vice President of Strategic Operations. Headquartered in Craigavon, Galen is a highly successful Speciality Pharmaceutical Company which works in partnership with healthcare professionals and patients to deliver long-term value through the development and marketing of prescription medicines. A privately owned company that has grown organically over 50 years, employing over 5,000 highly skilled employees worldwide, and boasting an enviable culture, this truly is one of Northern Ireland’s greatest success stories.
Based in their Global Headquarters in Craigavon, the VP of Strategic Operations will work alongside the MD and Galen Executive Team to develop and implement Galen’s growth strategy globally – building on inputs from the team and Board to assist in developing a cogent framework for what Galen does and how Galen does it, including innovator sourcing, partnering strategy, regional expansion etc.
- Lead operational planning and performance measurement: including drafting and maintaining the Operational Plan; measuring Galen’s performance over time against the Plan’s targets and recommending to the MD areas for change.
- Contribute to Galen’s thought leadership, including managing Galen’s self-reflection efforts to ensure that the organisation is continuously iterating, learning and improving.
- Assume operational responsibility for core Galen activities in line with business needs which may include but not be limited to: overseeing resource allocation and implementation of core processes, commercial activities, business development and strategic project management. Drive key areas of the commercial business through direct management, collaboration, project responsibility and providing overall support and direction
- Lead key relationships with strategic partners, customers and clients. Attend relevant national and international meetings/congresses to develop knowledge and expertise and represent Galen in the global landscape.
- Work with internal partners to incubate new ideas for strategic investments. Collaborate with the Business Units (BU) to translate strategies into targeted actions and programs that result in growth. Provide strategic direction and insight into the needs of the business through continual assessment, prioritisation and implementation of core success factors
- Identify and drive key critical initiatives at the corporate and BU levels which support growth (e. g., business building, product management, pricing and operations), including, potentially, championing specific acquisition opportunities which may include due diligence, deal structuring and transaction documentation.
- Design, support and drive ongoing strategies that lead to a compelling portfolio of corporate growth. Identify and evaluate key strategic areas of growth and expansion within the current business and through new partners and global opportunities. Provide a strategic approach to the evaluation and progression of Galen’s product portfolio on an international basis
- Participate in business management processes, such as modelling, documenting, designing, and improving processes. Perform financial forecasting and market analysis to develop competitive intelligence strategy. Report on qualitative and quantitative results of operational initiatives.
- Proactively build and sustain positive working relationships with a network of contacts across the Pharma and Biotech industry to generate leads for business growth and to help drive the Galen strategy
- Work collaboratively with internal departments and business units across the Almac Group to ensure an ongoing relationship of mutual benefit for both organisations.
- Substantial experience in a commercial, sales, marketing or strategic role preferably within a pharmaceutical setting
- Demonstrates good commercial acumen and track record of achieving targets
- Proficient in seeking and expanding business growth through active management and collaboration
- Ability to establish and build relationships with colleagues/customers/partners at an executive and senior management level
- Ability to manage a skilled and high functioning team to ensure delivery against specific KPIs
- Proactive self-starter and results driven with a can-do attitude
- Availability to travel internationally
- Relevant life science/business degree or above
- Full Driving licence
My client is offering a highly attractive remuneration and package to reflect the seniority of this position.
This is an exciting time to join this thriving business.
Please contact Sarah Orange at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07889960523 for a confidential discussion.