Artemis Human Capital is proud to be working exclusively with a leading Belfast organisation to secure a strong Strategic Group Accountant to join their finance team.
This is a varied, commercial, and interesting role and will suit a Qualified Accountant with a number of years PQE.
Reporting to the Group Head of Finance, the successful individual will play a business-critical role supporting a complex business to manage financial affairs and drive strategic business decisions.
- Strong Salary
- Excellent holiday allowance
- Insurance – Health, Death in Service
- Flexible working environment with opportunity to split your time between the office and home.
- Reporting to the Group Head of Finance, the post holder will have a key role in the strategic direction of the Group.
- Interpreting financial information in respect of profitability and business planning to guide business units to achieve / exceed financial targets and ensure strategic goals are met.
- Manage an experienced finance team to ensure a range of KPIs are achieved.
- Driving change to ensure best financial practices are implemented by reviewing and developing financial control systems
- Manage divisional accountants to amalgamate finances to produce budgets, forecasts, cashflows and variance analysis.
- Prepare monthly consolidated and subsidiary management accounts for the Group, utilising accounts prepared by divisional accountants.
- Produce variance analysis on the group management accounts.
- Review the balance sheet reconciliation process introducing improvements and efficiencies
- Prepare statutory accounts and supporting schedules for the year end audit.
- Reconciliation of inter-company accounts across the Group business units.
- Responsible for all reporting and statutory obligations.
- Manage a range of stakeholders including government departments, banks, external and internal auditors.
- Ad hoc projects developing business cases for investment planning and system process enhancement.
- Any other duties as requested by your Line Manager.
- Qualified accountant [CIMA, ACCA, ACA]
- A minimum of 5 years’ post qualification experience within the last ten years, in preparation of budgets, forecasts and cash flow projections, statutory and management accounts, include preparation of consolidated accounts, reconciliation of inter group transactions and managing a budget in excess of £2 million
- A minimum of 3 years’ Experience of managing and leading a team of highly professional staff to inspire excellence
- IT competent with experience in the use of Accounts Software packages, Microsoft Office with particular emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint.
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to take the initiative, challenging ways of working and initiate change
- A positive, can do individual with a strong sense of collaborative working.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills with an ability to manage competing deadlines with a range of stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills dealing with a range of stakeholders
- The ability to work accurately under pressure to achieve deadlines.
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including occasionally working public holidays, weekends, and evenings.
- Experience in working with external & internal auditors
- Experience in a commercial setting
- Experience of preparing accounts under the charities SORP regulations
To £55,000 per annum plus benefits. Salary will be dependent on experience.
All conversations will be treated with the utmost confidence, please contact Sinead Walsh for further information.