Artemis Human Capital has been exclusively retained by Clarendon Fund Managers, a successful Venture Capital Fund Manager in Belfast City Centre, to appoint an experienced Corporate Finance professional to undertake an Investment Management role. The ideal individual will have previous Deals experience.
Working within a small and experienced team, you will be responsible for sourcing and appraising investment opportunities, supporting groups of private investors undertaking due diligence and transacting investment rounds, working with and monitoring SME investments across multiple sectors. You will take an active participation in investment committees as well acting as board observer for portfolio companies.
This is a truly unique opportunity to work within a strong experienced team in a highly commercial environment and to interact with entrepreneurs and high-performance potential companies from their early stages of development.
An overview of the role:
- Help source, evaluate, invest in and monitor the performance of an SME portfolio of investments, which will consist of high growth companies across multiple sectors (e.g. biotech, medtech, manufacturing, consumer products, ICT, digital media, Fintech).
- Liaise with portfolio managers to produce monthly and quarterly reports (funding raised, valuations, growth in financial metrics and investment returns).
- Liaise with the Finance Director to assist with Fund Manager accounting functions and FCA regulatory reporting requirements.
- Organise pitching events and track pipeline of investment enquiries.
- Working with private investors (typically Business Angel groups) and help with due diligence including preparation of financial models and presenting papers at Investment Committee;
- Completion of desk-top review and company visits to evaluate business plans and various sources of information as part of financial and commercial due diligence.
- Help prepare standard legal investment documents after Investment Committee approval.
- Work alongside a subset of the investment portfolio, helping them to grow and develop, with regular interaction with Senior Management Team or Board of Directors anticipated.
- Help promote through PR and marketing activities the growth of local Business Angel investment activity.
- Develop close working relationships with strategic partners in the local and national economic development ecosystem and professional services community.
What will you need to be successful in this role?
The following skills and experience are of particular interest to our client:
- CFA/MBA/ACA/Investment Management/Investment Banking/Corporate Finance
- Previous deals experience is of particular
- Excellent analytical and reporting skills
- Strong commercial awareness and market knowledge
- Excellent communicator with solid networking skills
- Financial modelling experience is a plus
- Experience of investment strategies and fund-raising
- Background in working with Private Investors
- Board advisory experience is desirable
For a further discussion on the role and to discuss how your experience is relevant, please contact Sinead Walsh on 028 92790926 or apply via the link.