In-House Legal Counsel
Artemis Human Capital is delighted to be working in partnership with one of the world’s leading business publications, who are recruiting for an In-House Lawyer to join their Belfast City Centre based team. This will be a maternity cover contract, ideally with a December/early January start and will run until around February 2024.
This is an exciting position in a dynamic legal team, working for a global and highly respected media organisation. You will be the key contact person within the legal team for several areas of the business, responsible for understanding their commercial and operational needs, providing those areas of the business with legal advice and the legal review and negotiation of commercial agreements in those areas.
Key responsibilities will include: -
- Advising the business on contracts with clients from a wide range of industries and jurisdictions,
- Engaging directly in negotiating contract terms with external customers,
- Providing highly responsive and commercial advice,
- Managing contracts which are usually based on standard templates, but can be subject to extensive negotiation,
- Updating templates as required to meet changing business needs and product developments,
- Participation in (and occasional leading of) internal training sessions.
- At least 2 years + PQE as a solicitor qualified in the UK,
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills,
- Strong commercial contract drafting skills and legal knowledge, with a good understanding of copyright, licensing, indemnity and liability issues,
- Demonstrates commercial awareness that takes strategic objectives into account,
- Highly organised, flexible and with the ability to prioritise and keep colleagues and managers informed.
- An inclusive environment in which to develop your career,
- A competitive salary and generous annual leave allowances, flexible working (including working from home), medical cover, enhanced maternity & paternity packages, subsidised gym memberships etc.
For a confidential chat about this role or any others, please contact Sarah Orange at Artemis Human Capital.