Our client is a hugely successful and acquisitive holding company and one of Northern Ireland's largest privately owned businesses. Due to continued growth and increased opportunity they have created a new position for a Head of Internal Audit & Projects to join the senior management team and play a key part in evaluating, building and delivering effective risk management and internal controls throughout the group.
This is a unique opportunity for an experienced and ambitious auditor to join a prestigious business with scope to eventually move into a senior finance position under the direction of their highly respected Group Financial Director.
- Ensure business risk is managed across the group
- Create and internal audit strategy, internal audit programme and detailed audit test plans
- Prepare and present clear and concise findings to the Group CEO, Group FD and Audit Committee, to include identification of practical recommendations and solutions
- Business acquisition support activities to include target research, due diligence and post acquisition integration
- Support group finance in conducting refinancing activities
- Previous internal audit experience at minimum Director, Senior Manager or Manager level
- Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to work closely with senior managers and stakeholders across the Group
- Willingness to undertake some travel throughout the UK and Ireland
- Market leading salary
- Hybrid working
- Up to 12% pension contribution
- Private medical
- Scope to move into a traditional finance role
To apply for this Head of Internal Audit job please click on the link below or contact Laura Haggan to discuss in the strictest confidence.