Group Head of Procurement
We are delighted to be working exclusively with Decora to appoint Group Head of Procurement. A family owned and directed company creating innovative window covering solutions for the window blind trade. Decora manufacture and distribute a wide range of blind types and components and provide wholesale and made to measure solutions. Decora has grown exponentially into a well-recognised and trusted Company winning numerous awards over the years including the Business Growth Award at the Lisburn Business Awards and being recognised within the Top 1000 to inspire Britain as one of UK's most dynamic companies. This is a newly created role and is an extremely exciting time to join Decora at this pivotal point in their strategic growth plan. This is a fast paced, ambitious company.
Reporting to the Group Finance Director, the Head of Procurement will have overall responsibility for the management of the purchasing and inbound logistics functions at a group level. The role involves working alongside the Senior Management Team and providing strategic direction in line with current and future Company objectives.
Your responsibilities as Group Head of Procurement
- Work with Directors and Senior Management to develop the procurement strategy, incorporating Company objectives and financial budgets.
- Work closely with individual group purchasing teams, Lithuania and England, and consolidate procurement processes and procedures.
- Within the group, manage the smooth integration of systems and automation of work processes.
- Provide strong leadership to the purchasing and logistics functions, ensuring focused teams.
- Set measurable short and long term team objectives and KPI’s. Communicate, monitor and action where appropriate. Promote effectiveness and efficiency.
- Develop and communicate internal procurement policies or processes in line with best practice and legislation.
- Develop and maintain cross functional relationships internally and within the group.
- Forecast price and market trends to identify changes of balance in buyer-supplier power to assess, manage and mitigate risk.
- Perform cost and scenario analysis, and benchmarking. Propose cost saving solutions.
- In conjunction with Senior Management, forecast demand for products to meet service requirements and to maximise business efficiency and cash flow.
- Lead research to ascertain the best products and suppliers in terms of value, delivery schedules and quality.
- Identify and assess potential suppliers, whilst developing and maintaining strong relationships with existing suppliers.
- Implement performance management criteria for suppliers to drive efficiencies.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a senior procurement role
- Strong experience working within FMCG or manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of working on an international basis and far east procurement.
- People management and individual performance management experience
- Flexible for travel to suppliers, both domestic and international, as and when needed
- Excellent IT skills in particular excel with MS office and ERP systems
- Experience of Microsoft Navision
- Full member of the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (MCIPS).
- Third level business qualification
You will be rewarded with a competitive salary depending on experience plus a fantastic company benefits package.
How to apply
Please send your CV to our Senior Recruitment Consultant, Rachel Coleman via email@example.com at your earliest convenience if you wish to apply or register your interest. You can also contact Rachel directly on (028) 92790923 if you would like to discuss your experience before applying. All applications will be strictly confidential.