Artemis Human Capital is proud to be working exclusively with The Odyssey Trust in Belfast to secure a strong Group Accountant to join their finance team in this commercial and strategic role.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the re-opening of the Odyssey complex. Working to the Group Head of Finance, the post holder will play a business-critical role supporting a complex business to manage financial affairs and drive strategic business decisions.
The Odyssey Trust group of companies is committed to the core ideology of BEET, Best Experience Every Time for customers, colleagues and stakeholders. These principles will be developed with all to support outstanding customer service.
This is a varied, commercial, and interesting role and will suit a Qualified Accountant with a number of years PQE with strong consolidations experience.
Reporting to the Group Head of Finance, the successful individual will play a business-critical role supporting a complex business to manage financial affairs and drive strategic business decisions.
This is a commercial role and will suit an individual who has strong stakeholder management experience, solid systems experience and excellent commercial acumen.
All colleagues are expected to commit to the core values shown below:
Core Value Behaviour Customer Promise Positivity Smile, can do We will always be helpful, welcoming & enthusiastic Integrity Deliver on our promises We will be trustworthy & respectful Commitment Go above & beyond We will go the extra mile Innovation Find new ways to be better We will always learn & improve Teamwork Together we achieve more We will work together to put you first
- Strong Salary to £55,000 dependent on experience
- Excellent holiday allowance
- Insurance – Health, Death in Service
- Flexible working environment
- All Staff across the group receive, 50% on in house items of food and coffee in the W5 Café, with 10% in the shop
- Reporting to the Group Head of Finance, the post holder will have a key role in the strategic direction of the Group.
- Interpreting financial information in respect of profitability and business planning to guide business units to achieve / exceed financial targets and ensure strategic goals are met.
- Manage an experienced finance team to ensure a range of KPIs are achieved.
- Driving change to ensure best financial practices are implemented by reviewing and developing financial control systems
- Manage divisional accountants to amalgamate finances to produce budgets, forecasts, cashflows and variance analysis.
- Prepare monthly consolidated and subsidiary management accounts for the Group, utilising accounts prepared by divisional accountants.
- Produce variance analysis on the group management accounts.
- Review the balance sheet reconciliation process introducing improvements and efficiencies
- Prepare statutory accounts and supporting schedules for the year end audit.
- Reconciliation of inter-company accounts across the Group business units.
- Responsible for all reporting and statutory obligations.
- Manage a range of stakeholders including government departments, banks, external and internal auditors.
- Ad hoc projects developing business cases for investment planning and system process enhancement.
- Any other duties as requested by your Line Manager.
- Qualified accountant [CIMA, ACCA, ACA]
- A minimum of 5 years’ post qualification experience within the last ten years, in preparation of budgets, forecasts and cash flow projections, statutory and management accounts, include preparation of consolidated accounts, reconciliation of inter group transactions and managing a budget in excess of £2 million
- A minimum of 3 years’ Experience of managing and leading a team of highly professional staff to inspire excellence
- IT competent with experience in the use of Accounts Software packages, Microsoft Office with particular emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint.
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to take the initiative, challenging ways of working and initiate change
- A positive, can do individual with a strong sense of collaborative working.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills with an ability to manage competing deadlines with a range of stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills dealing with a range of stakeholders
- The ability to work accurately under pressure to achieve deadlines.
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including occasionally working public holidays, weekends, and evenings.
- Experience in working with external & internal auditors
- Experience in a commercial setting
- Experience of preparing accounts under the charities SORP regulations
All conversations will be treated with the utmost confidence, please contact Sinead Walsh for further information.