Artemis Human Capital is delighted to be supporting our client, a specialist service provider who has provided tailored solutions across the island of Ireland, UK, and Europe as they seek to appoint a highly knowledgeable and experienced compliance manager to join their team.
The successful applicant will apply their knowledge and expertise and provide expert technical and compliance support to the newly developed specialist department within our client's Northern Ireland HQ.
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Responsible for customs compliance within the day-to-day operational needs of the business
- Providing Technical Industry Compliance knowledge to support the business and acting as the point of contact for all UK Customs & Irish Customs queries.
- Updating of organisational information and requirements in line with Government legislation changes that need to be made internally
- Continuous self-learning on legislative changes within the industry
- Leading the audit and review of Customs declarations to ensure compliance with internal processes as well as statutory.
- Support in AEO Certification requirements, audits, improvement plan
- Support in CFSP Certification requirements, audits, improvement plan
- Support in Bonded Store Certification requirements, audits, improvement plan
- Be the lead stakeholder for any external Customs audits and enquiries.
- Support Audit and review of process and procedures. (Customs / AEO / CFSP/TAN)
- Proving expert knowledge and support on Customs, import and export procedures:
To be considered for this position applicants MUST be able to demonstrate the following skills and experiences:
- Exceptional technical knowledge and understanding of customs and self-sufficient in obtaining the latest development as legislation changes.
- Expert level of understanding with import and export laws and regulations for both NO and ROI
- Familiar with both Customs systems in Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland
- The ability to build and maintain good working relationships with enforcing authorities.
- Experience in making customs declarations on behalf of customers.
- Ability to construct, review and implement customs procedures.
- Good interpersonal skills to enable effective interaction with agencies and customers.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Complex problem solving and the ability to engage critical thinking skills will be required as well as the ability to actively listen and interpret concisely
To apply please email your CV to Laura@artemis-humancapital.com at your earliest convenience. Our Senior Recruitment Consultant, Laura Kearney will be in contact to discuss your experience.